If you are number orientated and good at maths and figures then being a Data Analyst could be what you want to do. In this role you would collect numerical information and present the results that you have found in the form
of charts and graphs, tables and reports.
If you are looking to update your CV and want some information as a guide please see below:
CV Example: Data Analyst
I am a very logical thinker who takes a methodical and logical approach to my work. I understand and enjoy the role of a Data Analyst and have always been happy doing Maths and problem solving activities. I have had some experience (how much?) in analyzing data and I am now looking to do this on a bigger scale if possible.
During my career, I have learnt how to analyse and interpret data and turn this information into graphs, reports or charts as required. I have excellent IT and Maths skills and am able to plan work and meet deadlines.
I believe that I have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing and can produce reports explaining the data and my findings. I have had experience in giving presentations and explaining my finding to a variety of different people. I am a very efficient and loyal worker who likes to give 100% to his/her workload and the business in which I work.
Date to Date or To Date – Data Analyst – Where?
In my role as Data Analyst, I work with figures to analyse data and produce reports and findings as required by the management team. On a daily basis, I am responsible for:
- Looking for trends and patterns to help companies make better, more accurate business decisions
- Performing and analysing market research and trends in consumer feedback, surveys etc
- Predicting demand for services or goods as needed by the company
- Producing reports, graphs, charts and documents with my data findings
- Provide advice to various on data and trends to senior managers in my company
- Various travel to locations dependent on the project
- Spreadsheet work – putting my findings into a format that other departments can understand
School, College, University – any qualification details and where.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel???
Specific Maths/IT skills?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?