To work as a Recruitment Consultant you need to be a confident communicator as a big part of your job will be selling to companies and communicating and selling jobs to candidates.
There are no specific qualifications that you need but your personal qualities and attitude are more important that anything along with a previous history of sales, marketing or customer service type roles.
If you have found a job you want to apply for and want to see how you can improve upon your CV, the below example may help you:
CV Example: Recruitment Consultant
I am a natural sales person, who feels that he/she is an excellent communicator and likes to achieve high targets.
I enjoy working under pressure and within a team environment and am keen to continue my career in a successful sales environment. To date I have worked in the commercial and industrial sectors but I am open to any different sector and would like to learn every area I possibly can to find my strengths.
I feel that I am very professional in my work and keen to help and learn where possible. I am confident by nature and someone who thrives on new challenges.
Date to Date or To Date – Recruitment Consultant – Where?
My role involves helping candidates find new employment whilst helping my clients find suitable clients for their roles. My responsibilities include:
- taking vacancy details from employers
- ‘cold calling’ companies to generate new business
- interviewing and testing job seekers, to build a pool of people ready to fill vacancies
- matching candidates to suitable jobs
- screening and short listing candidates before employers interview them
- building good relationships with employers so that they keep using your agency
- keeping in touch with job seekers on your agency’s books
- meeting targets for the number of vacancies taken or the number of people placed into jobs
- keeping records of clients, employers and vacancies
- negotiating your agency’s fees
- ‘headhunting’ – finding and approaching candidates for executive or specialist jobs.
List any other jobs here (last 5 years if applicable).
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Any specific sales, marketing or customer service training?
Computer skills – MS Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?