If you are looking for a Retail Assistant role then you will need to have a good customer service skills, be able to work individually and work under pressure. The role will consist of mainly assisting customers, stock replenishment, operating the till, processing good to be purchased and cash handling There are no required qualifications although there are NVQ’s available within the industry, such as Customer Service, and training is often provided, however, experience in a similar role or environment will assist you in your application. If you are looking to update your CV please see the below CV example:
Retail Assistant CV Example
I am a dedicated and hardworking, individual with good customer service skills and a polite and friendly personality. I have the ability to deal with difficult customers by implying my effective communication skills to the role and I strive to maintain a smart and tidy appearance at all times. I have also recently began to study for the Customer Service NVQ at level 2, of which will help me to gain many transferable skills suitable to the role of Retail Assistant. I am now seeking a full or part time role, and am very flexible in my availability.
Date to Date or To Date – Retail Assistant – Where?
Working within an independent retailer store based within the city shopping centre. Providing a high level of customer service and greeting customers in a polite manner, and dealing with customer queries with an effective approach. Main duties included:
- Ensuring all levels of stock are maintained
- Managing displays of products to attract customers
- Receiving payment by cash, cheque, credit cards and vouchers
- Assisting customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Establishing or identify prices of goods using cash registers and price scanners.
- Answering customers’ questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy checkout area and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying rubbish bins
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
Any internal training courses completed – Customer Service NVQ?
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Customer care? Eye for detail? Communication skills?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work? Remember the type of industry you are applying to work in…your personal hobbies and interests say a lot about the applicants personality and could help decide whether or not you would be suitable for the role.
Available on request.