If you want to be a Sales Assistant then it is important that you are able to work as part of a team and in whatever shopping environment then you need to make the experience enjoyable for your customers and be very friendly and polite.
If you have found a job in which you want to apply for and want to update your CV, the below could be used as an example:
CV Example: Sales Assistant
I am a committed individual with a background in Customer Services and in a Retail environment seeking to improve my skills in a Retail Sales environment.
Having gained over (months/years) experience in the Retail having worked in (what sector of Retail) I feel that my customer service skills are very good and I have always had repeat customers purely wanting to be served by me. I feel that I have good sales skills and enjoy working to targets and in a fast paced setting.
I am positive and energetic and like the pace that a Retail environment brings as well as dealing with the general public. I think my education background has stand me in good stead as my literacy and numeracy skills are good which helps for doing price points and calculating discounts especially in a sale period.
I now want to grow my experiences and do some formal qualifications that will help me and the company I work for be successful.
Date to Date or To Date – Sales Assistant – Where?
In my role as Sales Assistant, my duties include:
- serving and advising customers on what products they are interesting in buying
- taking payment using the till with all forms of payment
- helping customers to find the goods they want
- advising on stock amounts and talking to Head Office about what replenishment is needed
- giving information on products and prices
- stacking shelves or displaying goods in an attractive way making them visually appealing
- arranging window displays – visual merchandising
- promoting special offers or store cards
- ordering goods for customers from Head office
- handling complaints or passing them on to a manager.
List any other jobs here (last 5 years if applicable).
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Any specific retail training courses? Can you mention what till systems you have used in your previous role(s)?
Computer skills, Telephone skills.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Available on request./div>