Dental Assistants (Nurse’s) help and support dentists with all aspects of dental treatment and care. If you have an interest in oral health and dentistry then this could be a good career choice. You will need to have a calm and patient manner
and be able to deal with a range of treatments from a check up to specialist treatment.
An example CV is below for you to use as a guide:
CV Example: Dental Nurse
I am a very patient and calm person who thoroughly enjoys working with people and providing treatment for them. I like to ensure that the patients I am helping to support are relaxed in the environment as this is important.
I am self motivated and would like to continue my career in the Dentistry world and am studying whilst working (if true) or looking to study whilst I work so that I can be more valuable to the practice that I work for.
I am an enthusiastic person who likes to work hard and put everything into the role that I do. I am very loyal and trustworthy and am happy to learn whatever is necessary to ensure that I continue to be a good Dental Assistant.
Date to Date or To Date – Dental Assistant (Nurse) – Where?
In my role as a Dental Assistant, I support the dentists in the practice with any treatment they are giving to their patients. My responsibilities include:
- Sterilising the instruments ready for use and then passing instruments to the dentist or hygienist
- During an appointment, removing water and saliva from the patient’s mouth during treatment
- When needed, preparing materials to make fillings to be passed to the dentist
- Talking to the patient and keeping the patient relaxed and comfortable at all times
- Ensuring that the area is kept tidy and prepared for the days appointments
- Keeping records up to date throughout the appointment on the computer each patient
- Ensuring there is enough stock of everything the practice needs.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
Are you currently studying towards dentisty?
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel???
Have you done any previous work experience that got you into a Dental Assistant role? Anything that you can draw upon for your CV?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Leave a Reply