IT Support Technician’s provide support to end users for software and hardware problems. To do this role you will need to have a wide knowledge of operating systems and also be able to understand and explain technical terms to non technical users.
If you are looking to update your CV and want an example please see below:
CV Example: IT Support Technician
I am a hardworking and technically minded person who loves to solve problems and keep up to date with new technology both hardware and software related. I have a good understanding of products and always keep up to date with anything new that comes onto the market that might be beneficial for any of the users I deal with.
I am very organized and thorough in my work and feel that my communication skills are very good. I have provided training for many people on the basics of a computer and how everything works with excellent results and I enjoy computers and learning all about them.
I am keen to continue with the learning I have already gained and looking to develop my IT skills further and maybe one day move into a more specialist role, however at the moment I am keen to continue in a generalist role to allow me to develop my skills for myself and the company I work for.
Date to Date or To Date – IT Support Technician – Where?
In my role as IT Support Technician, I support the users within the business on any computer or related equipment problems. My responsibilities include:
- Talking to users about the problems they are having with their equipment and logging the fault
- Resolving these problems and providing a solution
- Fixing equipment, including printers and scanners by whatever means
- Setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems as necessary
- Keeping a log of the problems and their solutions for future reference
- Providing training on new systems or software applications
- Setting up new users when they join the company and ensuring they have everything to be able to do their work.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel???
Any other training courses or relevant qualifications to a job that you are looking for? Any IT training?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Leave a Reply