If you like working with young children and help them to learn at such an important time in their lives then being a Primary School Teacher is a good career choice. You will need to be patient and dedicated to do this role. If you are looking to update your
CV and want an example CV, please see below for you to use as a guide:
CV Example: Primary Teacher
As a Primary School Teacher I am a very calm and positive person who thoroughly enjoys working with young children with an aim to set them on the right path for their future education.
I enjoy all things related to education and learning and am very motivated when it comes to finding new ways to get children to enjoy their education. I am very organized and like to make my lesson plans in advance so that I have more preparation time for my lessons.
I am an excellent communicator and feel that I am able to communicate effectively with adults and children alike adopting different attitudes to suit the circumstance. I am a creative person by nature and enjoy encouraging my children in school.
Date to Date or To Date – Primary Teacher – Where?
In my role as a Primary School Teacher I work with young children between age 4 and 10 until they leave to go to Middle school. My day to day responsibilities include:
- Lesson plans and teaching materials ready to make sure the lessons are different yet following curriculum
- mark and assess children’s work to see the progress they are making and what areas need further work
- manage class behaviour and attention span
- work with other professionals, such as education psychologists and social workers where necessary
- discuss children’s progress and other relevant matters with parents and carers at parents evenings and events
- attend meetings and training to keep skills up to date and to be in touch with any new initiatives’ for education
- organise outings, social activities and sports events and take responsibility for children on these events
- Supervising at play times, lunch times as necessary and dealing with any accidents or upsets.
School, College, University – any qualification details and where.
Teaching degree from where and when and grade.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer skills – MS Office, Excel??? – Think about the records you will be keeping and how this will be done, using a computer and/or manually for each child.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?
Leave a Reply